Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What if (15)

What if I had not chosen to go to the University of Memphis? Where else would I have gone to college? Why did I choose the University of Memphis instead? What are some things that would have been different if I would have chose to go somewhere else? Am I happy with my choice I made? I was either going to go to the University of Memphis or Ole Miss. The reason I wanted to go to Ole Miss was because I knew it was a good college and most of my friends from high school were going there too. I wanted to stay close to some of my friends and it sounded like a good plan. I would have been able to get more money from being a Mississippi resident and graduating from a Mississippi high school. The main reason I chose the University of Memphis instead of Ole Miss was because they do not make it mandatory for freshmen to live in the dorms. The cost of the dorms, tuition, and books would not have been paid for by my scholarships at Ole Miss, and I did not want to take out a loan if possible. My grandmother lives about ten minutes away from the University of Memphis so I decided to move in with her while I attend there. This way I would not have to pay for the dorms, and it would be a lot closer than my mom's house in Nesbit. The only downside to this is it gets lonely at times being home by yourself. My grandmother does not get home until five everyday, so I am basically alone everyday until then. Overall, I am very happy with my decision to go to the University of Memphis. I have liked majority of my professors thus far. I have saved a lot of money and have made a bunch of new friends here. It would be interesting to see what a semester at Ole Miss would be like, but I would not change my mind about going there for four years.

1 comment:

  1. Yuck. Ole Miss, really? I don't think that I would survive in that school. The students are so stuck up. It is definitely a college of certain types in my opinion. Tanner, you would have to throw all your clothes away and buy polo boat shorts, loafers, and a polo collared shirt in every color!

    ReplyDelete